THE NUTS & BOLTS
The Record Weekly family has expanded into PR, promotion and management for bands and artists. As you’ll know, the site is run by Imogen Goulding, a marketing copywriter and editor with a background in language, linguistics, publications content and music retail.
Great news for England and Scotland! We’re currently based in Leeds and Glasgow, splitting time between the two.
WHY CHOOSE THISTLE?
Despite our appreciation for flowers, we’re not a florist. Getting your music out there is the most important thing — we get it. So that’s precisely where Thistle PR & Promotion comes in…
THE MISSION STATEMENT
As a band or artist, you can expect not only a diligent, well-organised service from Thistle PR & Promotion, but slick, sharp content constructed by a professional. And everything’s tailored to your marketing needs. Sounds like a win-win to you? That’s because it is.
THE BRAND VALUES
- Exacting standards of written communications for bands and artists — that’s the crux of it.
- Beyond the words, fair and honest representation is the height of importance, without anything too stuffy or corporate. We want to establish a simple and transparent relationship between marketers and musicians.
- Promotion that’s relevant to you and your music. Of course.
THE PACKAGE MENU
- Marketing, Outreach, Promotion
This one’s the primary package. It involves promoting your music to bloggers, websites and streaming services for a flat fee.
- EPK Bios
Need a bio that sets out your stall? Hire Thistle to write up fully-fledged wording for your EPK at one outright cost.
- Ad Hoc Services
If you’re after some assistance with social media posts, networking and general liaising, Thistle can take this on at an hourly rate.
- Artist Management
Want someone to cover all the above? Your wish is Thistle’s command. This package handles all marketing, outreach and promotion of music, alongside bookings, networking and any social media. The writing of all press comms and EPKs are bundled in, too.
For now, this starts with a 10% cut of a musician’s net profit, pending an annual review. Contact Imogen to discuss this in proper detail.
The Glaswegian alt-indie outfit, Oh Romance, promise a distilled blend of catchy hooks and striking synths. With BBC Introducing Scotland radio plays under their belt, they’re tipped for outstanding things and only just getting going.
New followers are fab. Fact. So, please join us over on Instagram.
- Who is Thistle PR & Promotion run by?
Imogen Goulding runs Thistle PR & Promotion. At this stage, it’s just her without a full team, but watch this space.
- How are Record Weekly and Thistle PR & Promotion related?
Record Weekly and Thistle PR & Promotion are both run by Imogen Goulding, so they’re sister brands.
- Which artists work with Thistle PR & Promotion?
The roster is always expanding. Oh Romance is managed by Thistle PR & Promotion.
- Is there a fee for using Thistle PR & Promotion?
There is a fee for using Thistle PR & Promotion, and different packages have different rates. Please email Imogen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on pricing, depending on your needs.
- How can I get in touch with Thistle PR & Promotion?
- I already have or don’t want a manager — can I still use Thistle PR & Promotion?
Absolutely — you can use Thistle PR & Promotion for all sorts of different written communications and marketing assistance. Please take a look at the packages above, on the main webpage, for more details.
- I’m not based in Leeds or Glasgow — is that an issue for Thistle PR & Promotion?
Remote working is one of the silver linings of the COVID-19 pandemic. You can deal with Thistle PR & Promotion entirely online.